RAW Wine NYC 2019, the wine fair for artisan and natural wine, is coming soon and we are thrilled that Battista Belvisi from Abbazia San Giorgio is part of it this year. Battista was the first winemaker we worked with, we love his wines and we love him. We’re super happy that many people here in New York will have a chance to meet him and taste his wines.
The wine fair is a two-day event featuring over 100 natural, organic and biodynamic wine artisans. Dates are Sunday, October 27 and Monday, October 28. The location is in Maspeth, Queens, at the Knockdown Center, 52-19 Flushing Avenue. This is not so far from the previous years’ venue in Bushwick, Brooklyn, 15 min from the Jefferson metro station. For more info: https://www.rawwine.com/fairs/new-york-2019/
As Battista is visiting, we also organized a very busy schedule of events around the fair. Here is a quick break-down:
- Saturday, October 26th: Battista Belvisi By the Glass Takeover @ Kindred, the new restaurant by the team at Ruffian, a few blocks away in the east village (342 East Sixth Street, New York, NY 10003), as a soft opening of this much-awaited new restaurant of the East Village.
- Sunday, October 27th: RAW Wine After Party at Ten Bells. Meet Battista Belvisi and the other winemakers from RAW and get their wine BTG. 247 Broome street.
- Monday, October 28th: Meet Battista at Have & Meyer in Williamsburg, 103 Havemeyer Street, for a BTG event.
- Tuesday October 29th: A Pantelleria flight, private event hosted by Battista Belvisi (seats are limited) at Navy Wine Merchants in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a chance to drink all the wines from Abbazia San Giorgio, to eat Pantescan bytes by Adelina’s and to listen to Battista Belvisi tell us about his wines and his island. 25$ fix price. Here to register.
- Wednesday, October 30th: Battista Belvisi farewell BTG at Adelina’s, 159 Greenpoint Ave in Greenpoint Brooklyn.
Stay tuned for more info and feel free to contact us if any questions.
The team at Living Wine.